Employment Application Rescue
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Must be 18 years of age.
2. United States Citizen.
3. Valid driver’s license.
4. No felony or misdemeanor convictions.
- Type or print in black ink only.
- Wire DNA (does not apply) or use a diagonal line in areas or questions that do no apply.
- If more room is needed to answer questions, attach separate sheets as needed noting the questions number for each answer.
- Do not fold application.
- Mail or drop off application at Marengo Fire Protection District, 120 E Prairie Street, Marengo, IL (Station 1)
- It is the responsibility of all applicants to notify in writing any changes.
- If you have any questions, please call Station 1 at (815) 568-8912.
THE HIRING PROCESS
- Fill out application completely.
- Successfully pass a written exam.
- Pass a background check including driving record, criminal history, medical history, employment (past and present) and any other information Marengo Fire and Marengo Rescue Districts deem necessary.
- Oral interview.
- Placed on hiring list.
- Conditional offer of employment.
- Pass physical exam and drug screening.
- Hired as a probationary employee/apprentice.
- Obtain a non-CDL Class B license within the first three months of employment.
- Must become a certified Firefighter II by the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal within the first 18 months of employment.
- Must be an EMT-B or EMT-P